Under minimal supervision, to plan, schedule, and oversee a variety of commercial construction projects; to ensure that jobs are completed with quality, on time and within budget; and to ensure that the job site is secure and work is performed in compliance with all applicable safety rules and regulations Serves as SVC representative on project-related issues to public agency representatives, owners, subcontractors, and the general public and in arbitration as needed to settle work and payment disputes. Employees in this job class accomplish assigned responsibilities by effectively directing the work of SVC and subcontractor staff while enforcing pertinent regulations and consistent policies, goals, and procedures for all operational activities of the department. This job class requires extensive knowledge of commercial construction practices, project management methods and practices; Federal, State, and local safety regulations and requirements; and the ability to oversee and direct the activities of commercial construction projects from inception to completion in a timely, safe, and profitable manner.
Salary range: $125,000 – $150,000
- Plans, schedules, and oversees the work of SVC and subcontractor staff to ensure the delivery of quality construction projects, delivered to owners and clients, on time and on or under budget.
- Reviews and understands project plans, and shop drawings to respond to subcontractor and architectural issues and to ensure project completion on time and within budget.
- Ensures that all projects are constructed with the highest possible quality, within design specifications and budgets, operating within Federal, State, and local guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all safety regulations and establishes a safe and clean work environment to ensure public safety and to prevent workplace injuries.
- Establishes and maintains a secure job site to protect the public during construction and subcontractors, the owner and SVC from burglary and vandalism.
- Completes a variety of paperwork to document project activities, such as purchase invoices, accident reports, safety cards, change orders, using a computer complete daily job logs and track and update schedules.
- Generates a positive, professional image in interactions with public entity representatives, owners, subcontractors, and members of the public.
- Represents SVC in arbitration as needed to settle project-related disputes.
- Responsible for all mobilization and demobilization of the projects. Pre-task planning.
- Maintain and update as required as-built drawings both SVC and subcontractors.
- Quality control of project, SVC, and subcontractors.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of construction work experience.
- Extensive experience with various types of construction that includes responsibility for project planning and management
- Working knowledge of the tools and practices of multiple trades
- Strong knowledge of commercial construction projects from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to construction and safety
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, direct and manage people.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software to produce daily reports and create work schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients
- Demonstrated problem-solving and common sense skills.
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Physical Requirements: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Walking on rough/uneven terrain
- Bending, stooping and climbing on job site
- Standing and walking for extended periods
- Viewing computer screen
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds
Certificates Required: Valid California Driver’s License
Work Environment: Work is performed in a normal construction environment with occasional travel required. Incumbent is subject to all weather conditions, fumes and noise from construction equipment; slippery, uneven surfaces, and may have to climb ladders, bend and stoop to ensure quality of work performed.
Applying: When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.