Under a Project Managers’ supervision, provide ongoing project support by maintaining project records, documentation, schedules, RFI’s, submittals, change orders, and resolving subcontractor issues. Employees in this job class accomplish assigned responsibilities through the application of sound analytical techniques and engineering principles under the immediate direction of the Project Manger. This job class requires working knowledge of construction management and engineering principles; project estimating, scheduling, and evaluation methods and practices; Federal, State and local safety regulations and requirements; strong organization skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Interprets and revises construction plans and specifications.
- Maintenance of Record Drawings in coordination with Superintendent and Project Manager.
- Work with Project Manager, Superintendent and Estimating to develop the final construction budget.
- Provide quantity takeoff, costs, evaluate general construction costs, and mobile/demobilization costs at direction of Project Manager for Change Management.
- Communicates with or manages communication with Project Manager to forecast possible problems that could impact progress or production; works in coordination with subcontractors and/or consultants to resolve project issues in a timely manner.
- Uses document control software, Procore to record subcontractor and owner documents (i.e., RFI’s, Submittals, Change Requests, Change Orders).
- Communicate with the Superintendent to develop, maintain, and update project schedules using scheduling software Primavera Suretrak.
- Assist the Project Manager in completing the submittal and RFI process within pre-determined time frames.
- Independently and/or as directed produces professional written correspondence for review and approval of Project Manager prior to distribution.
- Attends weekly OAC/Jobsite meetings; may record minutes upon request of Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in the processing all shop drawings, submittals, product data and expedite material deliveries including:
- Coordinate and schedule shop drawings, catalog cut sheets and sample submittals (and re-submittals when necessary) in a timely manner.
- Review submittals for completeness, accuracy, interface with other trades and conformance to the plans and specifications: Make corrections as needed and secure approval from the architect/engineer.
- Maintain a complete and current record of submittals, approvals and re-submittals, including a file of letters of transmittals and a shop drawing log containing numbers, title or brief description, status (approved or not approved), and dates of each transaction.
- Weekly review of the status of complete submittal schedules for multiple projects and analyze which submittals require follow-up for material expediting. Monitoring the procurement and manufacturing process in order to expedite and insure timely delivery of materials and equipment is a primary responsibility. On many projects with limited storage areas, close scheduling and coordination of material deliveries is of critical importance.
- Assist as directed the Project Team as follows:
- Discovery and resolution of interface conflicts between Sierra View Company, Inc. and subcontractors, as well as between different subcontractors.
- Accumulate all necessary data for and prepare monthly payment requests.
- Project job cost forecasting.
- Assist the company’s field Superintendents on interpretation of drawings, specifications, RFI’s and questions for and from the architect/engineer.
- Assist in Pre-job Planning, Set-up projects and maintain projects in Sage RE 300 (Timberline) Project Management Software. Prepare reports as directed.
- As directed assist Estimating Dept. by performing quantity take-offs utilizing Timberline Estimating Software. Assist in bidding projects.
- Assist with quality control, safety program and coordination of subcontractors as delegated by the Project Manager or Project Superintendent.
- Business Development / Marketing: The successful project, satisfied client, and relationship maintained with design professionals are our best advertisements – our best sales efforts.
- Provide Business Development / Marketing support as required.
- Attend presentations, interviews and assist in proposal development as required.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work related experience or working towards a degree.
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to construction.
- Ability to conduct prequalification and constructability reviews and develop project schedules to support preconstruction/construction project teams.
- High level of computer literacy including the effective use of document management, project management and scheduling software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants, and staff.
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to be flexible to address changing work priorities and to simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
Physical Requirements: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking, bending and lifting
- Viewing computer screen
- Occasionally walks on uneven, slippery terrain
- Occasionally works around loud and moving construction equipment
Certificates Required: Valid California Driver’s License
Work Environment: Majority of work is performed in a business office environment but if necessary, incumbent may be allowed to work partially from home via remote access for no longer than a period of one (1) year. If incumbent is allowed to work remotely, there will be a trial period to determine if adequate productivity is accomplished on the days worked remotely. The trial period and/or option to work from home may be discontinued at any time with or without notice. Job site visits are required, which may require the incumbent to work in an environment of moving equipment, gas and oil fumes, dirty, wet and slippery surfaces and all-weather conditions.
Applying: When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.