This position is responsible for providing detailed conceptual estimates from pre-construction schematic and design documents and/or from construction plans and specifications for large, diverse, and complex projects.
Salary range: $90,000 – $130,000
- Prepare bids, conceptual cost models, and budgets; perform quantitative analyses of construction documents and project program requirements
- Review plans, specifications, and pricing. Secure pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers. Perform take-offs and pricing for concrete, rough carpentry, steel, interior finishes, and other miscellaneous scopes of work. Also, define and assemble accurate General Conditions/General Requirements costs
- Provide consultative guidance on constructability, schedule, phasing, and staffing
- Build and manage subcontractor relationships; facilitate bids and presentations.
- Develop buy-out spreadsheets.
- Write subcontractor and supplier project scopes.
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, and 5 to 10 years of experience in pre-construction and estimating. Experience must include Health Care, Industrial, Restaurant and/or Retail construction. Additional certifications such as DBIA and LEED are preferred.
- Ability to present project proposals
- Strong computer skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Procore, excel and take-off software
- Ability to travel to client and project sites as required
- Highly developed skills (verbal, written communication, influence management, consensus development) paired with outstanding presentation skills. Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong analytical and logic skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of precision on detailed work as well as strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously under time constraints
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds at a time.
- Viewing computer monitors / Keyboarding
- Reading Project Plans and Specifications
- Reliable Hearing ability
- Walking up and down stairs and uneven terrain
Certificates Required: Valid California Driver’s License
Applying: When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.