Under general supervision, to provide administrative support to the Construction/Estimating/Preconstruction/Accounting departments and field personnel for assigned projects, including the administration of document control functions, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. Employees in this job class accomplish assigned responsibilities through the effective application of standard office procedures and various office software programs. This job class requires general knowledge of construction project activities, and working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, document management, and other office software applications, strong work organization skills, and the ability to effectively operate a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- * Sets up new jobs, administer directories, create and track contracts such as prime contracts, subcontracts and insurance.
- * Processes project accounts payables by verifying billing amounts, prepares payables for payment by verifying all paperwork has been received and collects subcontractor and supplier lien releases, obtains project management approval, closes out accounts as projects are completed.
- * Accounts Receivable.
- * Responds to calls from subcontractors regarding subcontract paperwork and payments.
- * Attends hand-off meetings, performs document filing and archiving of assigned project documentation, which includes: drawings, job files, and submittal/closeout upon completion of projects.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of accounting, construction project activities and processes, generally acquired through a minimum of 2 years of prior job related work experience.
- Ability to effectively operate a personal computer and use spreadsheet, database, document management, and standard office software applications (preferably Sage 300 RE, MS Office, Procore, Timberscan).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with owners, subcontractors, vendors and staff.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to be flexible to address changing work priorities and to simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Valid California Driver’s License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting to process paperwork
- Standing to file documents
- Viewing computer screen
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Majority of work is performed in a normal business office environment. Occasional job site visits may be required, which may subject the incumbent to the noise of moving equipment, gas and oil fumes, walking on dirty, wet, slippery and uneven surfaces and all weather conditions.
* Denotes Essential Job Function