This position is responsible for responding to warranty and service claims for construction and repair of building frameworks and structures including but not limited to stairways, doorframes, partitions, and rafters. The Carpenter will be under the direct supervision of the site superintendent and project manager.
- Measures, marks, and arranges materials to establish layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
- Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
- Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple, or adhesive.
- Ensures the accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
- Creates wooden forms for pouring concrete or for tunnels, bridges, or sewer construction projects.
- Installs windows and doors.
- Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Picks up and delivers materials to jobsites.
- Assist superintendent in day-to-day site management on an as-needed basis
- Inventories tools, equipment, and warehouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, and 5 to 10 years of experience in pre-construction and estimating. Experience must include Health Care, Industrial, Restaurant and/or Retail construction. Additional certifications such as DBIA and LEED are preferred.
- Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
- Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail
- Read project plans and specifications
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing, bending, and kneeling
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and uneven site terrain
- Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must have near and far vision clarity and reliable hearing ability
- Pre-Employment physical may be required
Certificates Required: Valid California Driver’s License
Applying: When applying please send specific project experience and detailed information on how you meet the stated requirements.