- Plans, schedules and oversees the work of SVC and subcontractor staff to ensure the delivery of quality construction projects, delivered to owners and clients, on time and on or under budget.
- Reviews and understands project plans, shop drawings to respond to subcontractor and architectural issues and to ensure project completion on time and within budget.
- Ensures that all projects are constructed with the highest possible quality, within design specifications and budgets, operating within Federal, State and local guidelines and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with all safety regulations and establishes a safe and clean work environment to ensure public safety and to prevent workplace injuries.
- Establishes and maintains a secure job site to protect the public during construction and subcontractors, the owner and SVC from burglary and vandalism.
- Completes a variety of paperwork to document project activities, such as purchase invoices, accident reports, safety cards, change orders; using a computer complete daily job logs and track and update schedules.
- Generates a positive, professional image in interactions with public entity representatives, owners, subcontractors, and members of the general public.
- Represents SVC in arbitration as needed to settle project related disputes.
- Responsible for all mobilization and demobilization of the projects. Pre-task planning.
- Maintain and update as required as-built drawings both SVC and subcontractors.
- Quality control of project, SVC and subcontractors.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of construction work experience.
- Extensive experience with various types of construction that includes responsibility for project planning and management
- Working knowledge of the tools and practices of multiple trades
- Strong knowledge of commercial construction projects from inception to completion.
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to construction and safety
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, direct and manage people.
- Ability to use a personal computer and related software to produce daily reports and create work schedules.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients
- Demonstrated problem-solving and common sense skills.
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.