- Manages and oversees design development of major construction projects; meets with clients, consultants, superintendents, designers, and subcontractors to initiate, implement, manage and oversee multiple project plans simultaneously.*
- Ensures that Company safety policies are properly incorporated into job planning and execution of work.*
- Ensures that Company quality control measures are in place and being enforced; tracks projects closely to identify and manage any deviations from Company QC standards.*
- Conducts pre-construction planning and mobilization functions; organizes and coordinates project with field supervision. Provides constructability reviews, scheduling information to support the Preconstruction Department as required.*
- Writes correspondence, agendas, holds weekly meetings with Owner and/or architects; places and receives phone calls regarding managed projects. Ensures lines of communication stay open throughout entire project from inception to completion.*
- Reviews revisions, additions, deletions to project, contacts subcontractors for pricing, writes up change orders and obtains owner’s approval, issues subcontractor’s change orders, keeps log of change orders, delays and all other pertinent information related to the project.*
- Works with Estimating Department staff to secure total project procurement including specialty materials and subcontractors for project. Writes scope of work required by subcontractors.*
- Reviews and learns budget for each project. Maintains cost control throughout project; performs weekly and monthly reviews of job cost reports and prepares monthly profitability analysis identifying cost over-runs. Reviews and approves invoices.*
- Provides training and support to Project Engineers and other staff as required.*
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
- Bachelor’s degree in Project or Construction Management, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work related experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 year of construction/project management work experience.
- Knowledgeable in project management practices and methodology
- Knowledge of local, State and Federal guidelines and regulations pertaining to construction.
- Ability to read plans and estimates to effectively schedule and manage a variety of construction projects.
- High level of computer literacy including the effective use of document management, project management and scheduling software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with owners, subcontractors, consultants, and staff.
- Knowledge of business English including vocabulary, spelling, and correct grammatical usage and punctuation.
- Mathematical ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to be flexible to address changing work priorities and to simultaneously handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to act in a responsive manner to customer inquiries and requests; escalate the more difficult clients or matters as necessary.
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: California Driver’s License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Employees may experience the following physical demands for extended periods of time:
- Sitting, standing and walking
- Viewing computer screens
- Walking on rough/uneven terrain
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in the field onsite of construction projects, or in a business office environment with limited privacy and exposure to noise from others conducting business on the telephone. Travel to job sites is required.